CENTRALLY SPONSORED GROUP ACCIDENT SCHEME FOR ACTIVE FISHERMEN:
Under the present scheme, a cover for INR2 Lakh is provided for the death and permanent disability and INR100,000/- for permanent (partial) disability against a premium of INR20.34/- per fisherman, subsidized on 50:50 basis by the centre and the States, 75:25 basis for North Eastern States and 100% in case of Union Territories.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SCHEME:
- Fishermen by caste or profession are covered under the scheme.
- Age covered under the scheme is 18 years to 70 years.
- 24 hours all types of accidents are provided including dog bite & snake bite cases.
- All active fisherwomen are covered under the scheme.
- Full and partial (permanent) disabilities cases are covered.
- Missing cases are entertained against furnishing of Indemnity Bond.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR SETTLEMENT OF THE CLAIM:
- Claim Statement on the prescribed form as given in the rules.
- FIR of the deceased.
- Post Mortem Report, Chemical analysis report giving cause of death of the insured.
- If the Post Mortem is not done, medical certificate of the deceased giving details of cause of death.
- Death Certificate of the deceased from the Government authority.
- Certificate from the certifying authority.
Claim Settlement on the prescribed form as given in the rules.
Indemnity Bond from the nominee and sponsoring agency as given in the Insurance rules.
Police report of the missing person.
Certificate from the certifying authority.
Claim Statement on the prescribed form as given in the Rules.
Doctor's report certifying that the person is partially/ totally permanent disabled with his limb/limbs due to accident as given in rule 3-b & c of the scheme.
Police Report of the accident.
# Society Resolution with date of admission is require in every case.
- Non accidental Cases.
- Natural Deaths/Disability/Death due to suicide.
- If the person consumed liquor at the time of accident.
- If the person involved in unlawful activities.
- Paralysis due to hypertension/blood pressure.
- If the claim is time-barred as given in the Rules.