WELCOME TO FISHCOPFED
The National Federation of Fishers Cooperatives Ltd. (FISHCOPFED) is a national level federation of fisheries cooperatives and the apex institution of Indian Fisheries Cooperative Movement. Its motto is to promote and develop the fishery cooperative movement in India, to educate, guide and assist fishers in their efforts to build up and expand the fishery cooperative sector and serve as an exponent of cooperative opinion in accordance with cooperative principles. It was established in 1980 as All India Federation of Fishermen Cooperatives and was rechristened as National Federation of Fishers Cooperatives Ltd. in 1982.
FISHCOPFED is well promoted through schemes and funds of the Deptt. of Animal Husbandary Dairying, Fisheries and Deptt. of Agriculture & Cooperation of the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Govt. of India, National Cooperative Development Cooperation and National Fisheries Development Board.
- Cooperative Fishermen Membership :29,06,552
- Primary Fishermen Cooperative Societies(Members) : 18,144
- District level Societies : 129
- Regional level federation : 1
- State level federations : 23
- National level federation : 1
- General (Institutional) : 98
- Nominal : 11410